I'm a 19-year-old American girl with a passion for music, art and writing. I'm currently attending Southern Virginia University (best school EVER!!!) and working on a double Music/Liberal Arts major and Business minor. When I'm not practicing, studying, or writing, I'm daydreaming.
I've been writing (or pretending to) ever since I could hold a crayon. I've started more stories than I can count; I stopped keeping track somewhere around 97. I have never finished a long story/novel - I kept making excuses about being too busy or having "writer's block". But life will always be busy and there are always excuses, so now I am determined to start writing seriously. Part of the reason for this blog is to keep track of my progress as a writer. The rest is me documenting my daily life.
Fun facts about me:
- I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka: I'm a Mormon).
- I'm an only child.
- I'm a redhead!
- I'm addicted to dark chocolate and Reese's peanut butter cups.
- I love hugs, anything sparkly/shiny, the color purple, and peppermint tea.
- I'm a parrot enthusiast.
- I'm also Paleo. ("What's that?" Click HERE to find out.) Basically, I don't eat any grains, beans, dairy, or processed meats.
- I've played flute for 11 years, harp for 2 years, and I recently began alto flute and piano. I also have a blog about playing harp: www.harpjourney.blogspot.com
- The name of this blog, Smoores (like the campfire treat), is one of my nicknames!
Remember to smile! :)